30 Day Challenger
2. What do you do outside of practice yoga? I’m a barista and a full-time student at Brooklyn College majoring in film production. I’m also a writer, photographer and musician. I’m developing my website now which will have all of my work (photography, writings, songs, films) when it is ready. In the meantime, please check out a film I made for my advanced directing class last year on Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/27930438
3. In less than 3 sentences, why did you sign up for the challenge? I signed up for the challenge because by the end of last semester, I felt that I was extremely imbalanced and depressed. A voice in the back of my head kept telling me that I needed yoga back in my life and that it would help to heal me. Signing up to take the challenge was the perfect opportunity for me to reincorporate yoga into my life.
4. What was your intention for the last class you took? Self-love.
5. Biggest challenge of the challenge? Remembering to breathe and let go, outside of class. I’m getting there, slowly but surely.
6. How have you taken care of yourself during the challenge? I’m hooked on Naked coconut water. I drink it every day. I have taken a couple of epsom salt baths and have been sleeping well.
7. Top 3 insights or revelations of the challenge? 1) “Wow, I CAN do this!!!” 2) “Yes, I needed this today.” (every day after practice) 3) Learning to heal old wounds through self-care.
8. What’s your yoga elevator pitch for someone who really needs it? I tell them how much better I have been feeling mentally and how much stronger I’ve been feeling physically.
9. What’s a favorite moment of a class you’ve taken during your challenge? The first time I saw my foot come up from behind my head in standing bow/pulling pose. I felt like a rockstar!
10. Anything else? Through practicing every day, I’m learning more about myself and my needs in order to become fulfilled and liberated. I’m so grateful for the Sacred community and for this 30 Day Challenge. It’s great to be back!! Thanks to everyone for your beautiful energy and support. ♥
Tales from the 30 Day Challengers
Maybe you see them on the next mat regularly and wonder who they are outside of the hot room? Perhaps you haven’t visited us yet and are curious who goes there? I asked a few of the yogis who are braving the 30 day challenge to shed some light on their experiences in a game of 10 Questions?