In community, we CELEBRATE our loved ones, ancestors and teachers that have passed. This year we will also be breaking bread together in commemoration of all the ways the departed continue to nourish us.
- An altar of photos and mementos honoring our loved ones (Yes, you can take your items with you when you leave)
- The calling of names
- A spirited ritual flow led by Stephanie Battle
- Live accompaniment by Farai Malianga (percussion), Rebecca Levin (violin), Dan Costello (keyboards) Rachel Costello and Mariyam Nayeri (guest vocalists) and more
- Homemade Tamales, Dead Man’s Bread and Mexican Hot Chocolate by Mariyam Nayeri
Date: Thursday, October 30th 2014
Time: 7:00pm-9:30pm Last admittance 7:15pm
Sliding Scale $25-$40 Space limited
* Please contribute generously in gratitude for our musicians, teachers and chef and so we continue to offer meaningful events at affordable prices.
** Want to be there but can’t afford it? We have 2 scholarship spots available. Apply here. Recipients will be selected randomly on October 23rd.